Meet Dr. Bishop
Board-Certified Pediatric Endocrinologist in Novi, MI
Dr. Jacalyn Bishop received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan in 1997 and her medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan, in 2001.
After medical school, Dr. Bishop stayed in the Detroit area to complete her general pediatrics training at William Beaumont Hospital. In 2004, she moved to Oregon for her pediatric endocrinology and diabetes fellowship at Oregon Health and Science University.
During her fellowship, Dr. Bishop was actively involved in cutting-edge obesity research and was awarded the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society research fellowship award in 2006. Her research has strengthened her commitment to providing the most current therapies for patients and providing the most up-to-date information for families.
In 2007, Dr. Bishop established Endocrine Kids in Novi, Michigan, to treat children with endocrine diseases. She is one of a few private board-certified pediatric endocrinologists in Michigan. Her focus on kindness, respect, and communication has served to make Endocrine Kids the premier facility for the treatment of pediatric endocrine diseases.
To provide the best possible care, Dr. Bishop pledges to:
- Explain diseases, treatments, and results in an easy-to-understand way
- Listen to her patients’ feelings and questions to help them make decisions about their care
- Keep treatments, discussions, and records private
- Provide 24-hour access to medical care and same-day appointments, whenever possible
- Provide instructions on how to meet health care needs when the office is not open
- Provide care for her patients to the best of her ability based on her understanding of current medical treatments
- Give her patients clear directions about medicines and other treatments
- Send her patients to trusted experts, if needed
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatment goals, and future plans